As many of you should know by now, London was the victim of a terrorist attack recently and many have started the hashtag #PrayForLondon as a way to show support. Many celebrities followed suit, and one of them was G-Dragon, which didn’t get the best response.
1. [+965, -143] The Sewol Ferry is being pulled out today…
2. [+617, -80] Can you pray for Korea and stop acting up?
3. [+451, -54] Jiyong-ah, just enlist
4. [+78, -19] He should be praying for the families who lost lives in the Sewol Ferry while we’re pulling that up today, why is he so concerned with a country far away? This guy is such a tryhard, just stay quiet.
6. [+58, -11] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ These celebrity ba$tards only ever care about things that happen overseas. Whenever Japan gets an earthquake, they’re over there before even the Japanese are aware of it donating money and consoling them and then keep their mouths shut whenever something bad happens in Korea ㅋㅋ
7. [+52, -16] The Sewol Ferry was pulled out for the first time in 1,073 days and he’s posting about London?
8. [+44, -10] Celebrities have no brains, what’s new
Um, what the fuck? You’d have to be pretty sick in the head to think that someone is being an elitist by posting up support for a country that just went under a freaking terrorist attack. I get they want him to post up about Sewol but to get mad at him for posting about London as if that makes him some self-hating wannabe is just stupid. They’re acting like GD has never even said anything about Sewol when this one netizen puts it so perfectly:
10. [+28, -11] GD’s tweet wishing the missing people on the Sewol Ferry a safe return home was the #1 golden tweet of Korea in 2014. GD’s tweet remembering the Sewol Ferry in 2014 was the #1 most retweeted in 2014. So many people seem to have forgotten that he also posted to ‘Pray for South Korea’ on the day the Sewol Ferry sank and posted again on Instagram on the second anniversary of the sinking.
I never thought I’d have to say this to people who aren’t American, but do they realize that there are countries outside of South Korea right? And it also doesn’t help their cause that five South Koreans were harmed during the attack as well as many other people from many different countries.
I guess it’s good that at least people like this exist:
9. [+28, -8] There were five Koreans in the London terror attack, and over 40 people from different countries were injured and killed. So many other countries prayed for Korea when the Sewol Ferry sank, why can’t we do the same for them in their time of need? Are the five Korean lives in the terror attack nothing? Are the 40 who were injured or killed meaningless? Should we just ignore all of the people who have families and friends studying or vacationing in London but have no updates on what’s going on? It’s not like GD said let’s focus on London instead of the Sewol Ferry, he simply asked to pray for London but people are so hung up on the Sewol Ferry right now…
This is one good example of why it’s important to keep up with world news, so that you don’t end up making yourself looking like an insensitive asshole every time another country faces a tragedy.